Sunday 23 November 2008

Winter and "the Wind in the Willows”




So it´s winter again.
Even though winters do not look the same as they used to do.
They don’t even feel the same.With less snow, less cold and bitter winter storms.
Still the days are short, the nights filled with stars and the evenings are made for good books, hot tea and cuddling up in the reading room.

I am enjoying rereading “the Wind in the Willows”.
How many times have I read it by now?
Why can I read it time and time again?
I do not honestly know.

Maybe it just captures all the romantic flavors of a world that really cannot exist.
A world where real troubles are far away and where the most complicated trouble is to keep Toad from driving a car, any car.

I am in love with this universe of talking furry animals, endless picnics and small boats rowing at the riverside towards the next perfect spot for a cup of tea in a make belive brittish dreamlanscape.

Now I am going for my next cup, of great tea.

No comments: