Thursday 27 November 2008

Fireplace, the Hobbit, gingercookies and hot milk




Winter time, candle time.
My reading room is my safe haven at winter time.
With candles and an open fireplace giving the room it´s warm atmosphere.

I love my reading room.

It´s not really finished yet, but almost.
It took about one and a half year before it was done.

The whole project just froze in the very begining, as my heart froze.
Now, time does not heal all wounds, not at all.
Time just passes so that acceptance of the loss or the damage you recived can sink into your mind and soul and give room for acceptance.
And as acceptance becomes part of your reality, life is easier to embrace, again.

So, i just finished my reading room, embracing life, once more.

I am reading "the Hobbit" again.
Not because I am a fanatic Tolkienist, almost the other way around, due to the fact that I have worked with games and fantasy for about 24 years and I just can´t stand all the fanatic nerds and Tolkien society people that I have meet over the years. They all tend to drag things of beauty into the dirt.

Still, I love the introduction of "the Hobbit".
As the dwarfs show up, in waves, filling Bilbos so pitouresque home and testing he´s patient and hospitality to the limit, I always find myself smilling. I love that part.
It´s ingenious in all it´s small details and semingly pointless series of events.
I will probably just read that part, then leave the book for something else.
I have done that many times already.

Now it is time for hotmilk and gingercookies.
I love my reading room.
I admit it, I wish it was part of a hobbit home as well.

No comments: